How a staging company works
The main goal of every home stagger is to increase the potential buyers’ appeal to the home for sale and chances to get the maximum price for it. When a customer comes to the staging company, its experts offer him or her several effective methods how to make the property wanted. There are several most popular methods to achieve that:
- Remove or rearrange the existing furniture;
- Purchase new pieces of furniture;
- Add decorative items;
- Provide additional colors and texture through curtains, pillows etc;
- Focus on the best features of the room etc.
These and many other methods are used by designers and decorators in making the home look more attractive to the potential buyers. Every method used is selected by the designer depending on many circumstances. Of course, it is the presence or absence of the furniture at all and the amount of money people are ready to spent on the makeover. If to analyse the general offer, staging services may cost between $500 and $5,000 depending on the project to be completed. However, there is a simple alternative to home staging known as virtual staging. You can start a business offering people to make the listings of their property for sale more appealing using the latest computer software. It is one of the most effective ways to get your photos viewed and sell a home faster. The cost of these services is cheaper so there are more chances that people would love to order them.
Benefits of starting a home or virtual staging business
You may wonder why so many companies offer home staging services nowadays. The truth is the following: there are many reasons to invest your money and time in the staging business.
- The start-up cost is very low.
- There is a constant demand for such services.
- You do not need to get a license to set up this business.
- You get a chance to show the designer skills in practice.
- Cheap marketing through real estate agencies.
Challenges of home staging business
Of course, any business has its underwater stones, especially if to consider that modern technology is developing incredibly quickly. That is why even such a profitable business as home staging has to deal with the following challenges.
- It is not easy to find clients who understand the value of hiring a home staged and are ready to pay money for that.
- Home staging is more expensive than virtual staging so many people would prefer a new alternative.
- It takes time and effort to build a portfolio and be competitive in the market.
- There is no standard work schedule so you may need to work late in the evening or overnight.
Tips on how to achieve success in staging business
Staging is closely connected with the real estate business. That is why when you want to start your own company in this sphere, you should consider a variety of things including:
- Learn the peculiarities of the local real estate market;
- Build connections with local realtors who can be a source of clients;
- Make up an appealing portfolio that can display your works;
- Constantly enhance your professionalism in interior and computer design;
- Develop communication skills to be able to convince your clients;
- Find the best resources to buy decorative items;
- Be ready to do “blue-collar worker’s” responsibilities.
Home and virtual staging are widely used in the modern real estate market so quality services in this sphere are demanded too. However, the competitiveness in this business is also very high, so you need to offer the outstanding solutions if you want to be successful in this business.