When you speak about interior design, it is worth mentioning that this is a profession characterized by the application of both creativity and technical knowledge to achieve a wholesome interior environment. The main focus is made on design functionality, life quality and comfort as well as compelling and aesthetic look. Every design is developed for a certain building with the consideration of its location, people who will use it, and its purposes. Every project should meet regulatory and code requirements as well as promote environmental sustainability principles. Every interior design is created in several stages including:
- The research and measurements.
- Development of an idea.
- Creative analysis and knowledge integration into the project.
- Visual representation of the final solution.
- Physical realization of the project through construction, renovation, decoration, etc.
The main goal of every interior design is to meet the client’s expectations and fulfil all the project goals set at the planning stage.
Many people consider interior designer job artistic one, but not everyone realizes what scope of services these professionals perform in order to fulfill all the ideas in practice.
Some of these solutions are listed below:
- Researching and analyzing purposes and requirements set by clients;
- Preparation of documents, sketches, calculations, and diagrams to outline the project budget;
- Working on the preliminary plan of the space and development of 2D or 3D design concepts with the consideration of the client’s desires and hopes;
- Getting approval of the design plan in terms of functionality, aesthetic beauty, safety measures, and budget limit;
- Choice of paints, textures, materials to correspond with the major concept and all other requirements (functional, safety, maintenance, financial, etc.);
- Purchase of furnishing, lighting, decor, equipment, and ordering services of their delivery, assembly, installation, etc.;
- Providing quality management solutions to meet the budget and timeframes;
- Development of construction documentation to reflect all the novelties and changes applied to the project;
- Coordinating the work of other professionals and collaborating with them to achieve the final goals. These are architects, engineers, construction workers, mechanics, and representatives of many other adjusting professions;
- Preparing documentation for filing with code enforcement officials;
- Observing and reporting about the project implementation, progress achieved, next tasks, and conducting a post-occupancy evaluation report.
Interior design only seems a simple and exciting direction, but the reality shows that not everyone can perform these responsibilities at a high level. Therefore, the choice of the interior design professional is a responsible task if you want to fulfill your ideas as accurately as possible.